Host an Event
While the presentations are all virtual, we encourage people to congregate together Face 2 Face to get that shared conference experience. There's nothing quite like the buzz you get from collaborating together with other educators in the same room, whether there's 2 people there or 200!
Whether your event has 5 attendees or 20, Discovery Education is willing to provide support for active STAR Discovery Educators to share a bite to eat while you connect with each other through the VirtCon. We'll cover lunch expenses up to $10 per attendee and $200 per event hosted by active DEN STARs. If you expect more than 20 attendees, please email Chad_Lehman@Discovery.com.
- Find a location. It can be a school, your home. or even a local coffee shop. Anywhere that you can gather a group of people together. Large or small, that's up to you.
- Submit it. Use the button below to add your F2F site to the list of locations that people can attend. We'll reach out to you to go over details like getting lunch for your attendees.
- Promote it. Let people know! Spread the word at your school or district, as well as via social media.
- Have a fantastic event! Enjoy the day and don't forget to send us pictures!
Resources for Hosts
Note: These are sample resources from the Fall VirtCon 2013. Spring resources will be released soon
- Will you really provide lunch to everybody that comes to my face to face event?
Absolutely! Depending on how many people are coming, we'll either pay for it on the day of event, or we'll reimburse you with a Visa check card for the amount spent.
- What is the budget for lunch?
We will reimburse up to $10 per person.
- How do I submit for reimbursement?
After the event, fill out this post event form. We will send you back a Visa check card or reimburse via PayPal for the amount spent, up to $10 per person.
- What's the minimum number of people for my event to qualify for the free lunch?
Three's a crowd, and you need a crowd to have lunch reimbursed! Your event needs to have at least five people to qualify.
Email questions about hosting an event to Chad_Lehman@discovery.com