Host an Event
While the presentations are all virtual, we encourage people to congregate together Face 2 Face to get that shared conference experience. There's nothing quite like the buzz you get from collaborating together with other educators in the same room, whether there's 2 people there or 200! As an added bonus, if you host an event, lunch is on the house! We'll provide reimbursement for lunch to the tune of up to $10 per person.
- Find a location. It can be a school, your home. or even a local coffee shop. Anywhere that you can gather a group of people together. Large or small, that's up to you.
- Submit it. Use the button below to add your F2F site to the list of locations that people can attend. We'll reach out to you to go over details like getting lunch for your attendees.
- Promote it. Let people know! Spread the word at your school or district, as well as via social media.
- Have a fantastic event! Enjoy the day and don't forget to send us pictures!
Please note: Due to organizational logistics, events added after October 14th will not be eligible for having lunch or door prizes provided by Discovery.Create a Face 2 Face Event
Resources for Hosts
- Cheatsheet for creating your F2F event
- About the Fall VirtCon flier: Full Listing of Keynotes (DOC / PDF)
- About the Fall VirtCon flier: One Page (DOC / PDF)
- About the Fall VirtCon flier: Two Page (DOC / PDF)
- Sample Agenda: Full Day (DOC / PDF)
- Sample Agenda: Half Day - (West Coast) (DOC / PDF)
- Will you really provide lunch to everybody that comes to my face to face event?
Absolutely! Depending on how many people are coming, we'll either pay for it on the day of event, or we'll reimburse you with a Visa check card for the amount spent.
- What is the budget for lunch?
We will reimburse up to $10 per person.
- How do I submit for reimbursement?
After the event, send your receipt along with a picture of the group from the event. We will send you back a Visa check card for the amount spent.
- What's the minimum number of people for my event to qualify for the free lunch?
Three's a crowd, and you need a crowd to have lunch reimbursed! Your event needs to have at least three people to qualify.
Email questions about hosting an event to Chad_Lehman@discovery.com