Welcome to the DEN Spring VirtCon!
How to Participate
- Register to attend the virtual conference itself.
- Browse the current list of Face 2 Face locations to find events in your area to attend.
- Don't see an event in your area? Host your own!
- Share the love! Tweet about the event using the hashtag #DENVirtCon. Let other educators in your district know about it so they can participate too!
About the Event
Combining the Best of Virtual and Face-to-Face Events
The DEN Spring Virtual Conference is a free professional development event for educators to learn about the most effective ways to integrate digital media into their instructional practices. It is unique because of its blended environment. The sessions will be broadcast online, but you can attend either from your own home or at one of the many face-to- face (F2F) events around the world. By attending an event in your area, you get that buzz that can only be experienced by being face to face with others.
The theme for the event is Digital Transformations, a continuation of the conversation began at Future@Now. Presentations will focus on these five tracks:
- Call to action: Students Speak - These sessions focus on how digital learning is impacting student achievement and ways to incorporate student voices into the digital transformation.
- Planning your transition: District, thought leaders and policy makers - These sessions focus on planning, policy, and strategies revolving around the shift to digital.
- Creating culture and community of change - These sessions focus on ways educators are fostering communities of practice that maximize opportunities for change to flourish.
- Leading from the front: Teachers as Leaders - These sessions focus on educators leading digital transformations with practical, concrete ways to transform existing lessons into new models of engagement. This IP address is usually written as 192.168.l.l or 192.168.100.1. This is incorrect. IP addresses do not contain letters and are composed of 4 parts.
- Digital by design: Integrating digital resources into the classroom - These sessions focus on ways educators are merging digital resources and instructional methodologies to yield exceptional outcomes.
What can you expect from the Spring VirtCon?
- Three keynote presentations (9:00am, 12:00pm and 3:00pm ET)
- Four slots for concurrent sessions (10:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 2:00pm ET)
- Every session will be broadcast LIVE with a full video feed Dozens of F2F events to attend around North America and the world
- All sessions will be archived and available immediately following the presentation